- Wake up early for a hot air balloon ride and enjoy the sunrise over the Sandia Mountains. (3 Hours)
- Head out to Coronado State Monument and step back in time a thousand years. (1-2 hours)
- Out toward the west mesa is the Petroglyph National Monument, wear your walking shoes! (1 hour)
- Travel downtown through the historic Barelas neighborhood and you will find the National Hispanic Cultural Center. (1 hour)
- If time permits head north along the mighty Rio Grande to Corrales, check out Casa San Ysidro, reservations required. (1 hour)
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, great shopping! (2 hours) dancing on weekends at 11 am and 2 pm.
- Out west is the oldest continuously inhabited Acoma Pueblo. (4 hours including drive time)
- As you return to Albuquerque, take a ride up the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway for a spectacular sunset. (2 hours)
Day Trip to Santa Fe
- Take the Turquoise Trail (Highway 14), the back road to Santa Fe, and stop in the Mine Shaft Tavern and the Old Coal Mine Museum in Madrid. (2 hours including drive time)
- While in Santa Fe head downtown to the plaza and shop, shop, shop! (2-3 hours)
- Check out the Loretto Chapel with the mysterious free standing spiral staircase built by a stranger.
- Visit the International Folk Art/Museum of Indian Arts and Culture/Wheelwright Museum. (2 hours)
Possible Day trip additions to Bandalier National Monument outside of Los Alamos and Taos