The mission of Visit Albuquerque is to stimulate economic growth by marketing Albuquerque as a destination for leisure travel, meetings and sports events.
In 2022 Albuquerque’s City Council voted unanimously to establish an Albuquerque Tourism Marketing District (ATMD). The ATMD is a coalition of approximately 150 local lodging properties that have organized efforts in order to increase demand for overnight visitation to our city. The ATMD provides additional funds to expand marketing of Albuquerque, enhance visitor services and develop destination assets. This year, 5% of ATMD revenue supports annual tourism grants.
The overarching goal of the Visit Albuquerque Tourism Grant program is to spark innovative ideas that contribute to Albuquerque’s vibrancy and build new, creative visitor and resident experiences that grow a more diverse and thriving tourism economy.
2023 Visit Albuquerque Tourism Grant Awardees
Incubator Level Grantees:
- Artemis Productions - $10,000 for enhancement of Albuquerque’s Lowrider Fest
- DowntownABQ MainStreet and Arts & Cultural District - $10,000 for enhanced elements at Downtown Growers’ Market and ABQ Artwalk
- Flyby Provisions - $10,000 for enhanced Downtown pop-up events
- Homewise - $5,000 for historic walking tour and Barelas history project
- Lapis Room - $10,000 for event offerings elevating visual, performing and culinary artists of New Mexico
- New Nuevo - $10,000 for experiential tourism offerings
- Routes Bicycle Tours & Rentals - $10,000 for student and youth educational tour program
Innovator Level Grantees:
- Adelante Development Center - $50,000 for durable medical equipment rental services to promote accessible tourism
- Big Jim Farms - $50,000 for expansion projects and new holiday programming
- Day of the Tread - $10,000 for inaugural “Bone Shaker” gravel grinder event
- Electric Playhouse - $50,000 for an immersive, digital experience introducing visitors to quintessential Albuquerque activities
- Friends of the Orphan Signs - $25,000 for historic sign preservation and artist opportunities
- Gathering of Nations - $25,000 for enhancements to existing signature event
- Gujrati Samaj of New Mexico - $25,000 for expansion of existing events
- Heritage Hotels & Resorts - $31,000 for signage highlighting visitor experiences in the Sawmill District, including museums
- Mariachi Spectacular - $25,000 for enhancements to existing signature event
- National Institute of Flamenco - $50,000 ($25,000 for enhancements to existing signature event and $25,000 for expansion of year-round flamenco performances)
- New Mexico Wine & Grape Growers Association - $23,000 for interactive custom wine experiences
2024 grant cycle TBD.
Applications are now closed.
To view a list of commonly-asked questions, click here.
2024 Visit Albuquerque Tourism Grant Information
Information on the 2024 grant cycle will be released in spring 2024.
Informational Workshops for Interested Applicants
No upcoming workshops.
Send questions to email@example.com.