Nob Hill is often hailed as the quirkiest and the most walkable neighborhood in Albuquerque. Located along Central Avenue between Washington and Gibson, Nob Hill is chock-full of funky shops, restaurants and bars. Being so close to the University of New Mexico (UNM), Nob Hill and the university area bleed together, making the neighborhood all the more vibrant and youthful.
My favorite thing about Nob Hill is the eclectic foodie scene (Albuquerque was recently named one of the best cities for food snobs). You can find everything from an elegant dinner to food trucks, depending on the time of day and your mood! There's just about every type of cusine you can imagine, all within a 2-mile radius. The neighborhood is full of local fare, flavor and flair.
Here's an overview of Nob Hill restaurants, organized by category, with a few of my personal recommendations.
- Bistronomy B2B
- Flying Star Cafe
- Kelly's Brew Pub (pictured above) has a full menu and an awesome outdoor, pet-friendly patio. They also recently started canning their craft beer.
- Bosque Brewing Taproom
- Monte Vista Fire Station
- O'Niell's Irish Pub
- Tractor Brewing Nob Hill Taproom
- Two Fools Tavern
- Zacatecas Tacos & Tequila (Mexican) offers some of the best margaritas in the city as well as great happy hour specials.
- Ajiaco (Colombian)
- Guava Tree Café (Central & South American)
- Il Vicino Wood Oven Pizza is tucked in among the Nob Hill shops and has multiple locations throughout the city. People go crazy for Il Vicino!
- Slice Parlor
- Scalo has an intimate dining room and a large event room hidden around back above the bar
- Elaine's promotes farm-to-table produce and serves locally sourced meats and veggies in their entrees.
- Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro offers 2 for one: it doubles as a restaurant upstairs and a late night locale in their downstairs wine cellar
- Nob Hill Bar & Grill
- Yanni's Mediterranean Grill
Coffee & Dessert:
- The Chocolate Dude is full of handcrafted deliciousness, like the chocolate covered strawberries pictured above.
- Michael Thomas Coffee Roasters
- Satellite Coffee
Use the hashtags #ThingsToDoABQ and #ABQevents to join the conversation about things to do in Albuquerque on social media, and subscribe to our ABQ365 email newsletter by clicking below!