Organization announces grand prize winner of a hot air balloon ride for two with
Rainbow Ryders Hot Air Balloon Co.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – (March 9, 2021) – Visit Albuquerque, the city’s Destination Marketing Organization (DMO), announces the grand prize winner of the #TrueABQ Challenge — a campaign designed to inspire and encourage residents to rediscover Albuquerque while simultaneously supporting the city’s small businesses community.
The organization is excited to announce Josh Kefauver from Albuquerque as the winner of the challenge, an honor that comes with the prize of a hot air balloon ride for two, courtesy of Rainbow Ryders Hot Air Balloon Co.
“This challenge encouraged my wife and I to do things in Albuquerque we hadn’t done yet, like strolling Downtown and Nob Hill to see all of the public artwork, which is really phenomenal and adds so much culture and color to the neighborhoods!” said Kefauver. “During our strolls we also encountered a few new businesses that we were not aware of and happily supported. A ride in a hot air balloon has been on our bucket list since we arrived in New Mexico and now we get to do it thanks to Visit ABQ and Rainbow Ryders!”
Visit Albuquerque received numerous qualified entries and associated photos showcasing the variety of engaging, local activities participants experienced within each of the six challenge categories. As one entrant noted, “I had a lot of fun with this challenge, so I did more than one [activity] per each category,” illustrating the strong interest from locals to get involved. Below are a few highlighted activities that participants completed by category.
- Tried a new restaurant like Tio David’s Flavor in Nob Hill
- Purchased wine glasses from High & Dry Brewing
- Enjoyed breakfast from Cinnamon Café and Sergio’s Bakery
- Ordered a new book from Bookworks
- Purchased locally made soap from The Bucket List
- Bought jerky from Mike’s Beef Jerky and Zia earrings from Made with Sol
- Went hiking and rock climbing at Stone Age Climbing Gym
- Did cross-country skiing on the Switchback Trail at the Sandia Peak Ski Area
- Played a round of golf at UNM North, Arroyo del Oso and Los Altos
- Learned that Tyrannosaurus rex used to roam New Mexico by exploring online exhibits at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
- Watched Albuquerque Museum’s “Picture This”
- Took a picture next to the One Albuquerque sign at Civic Plaza
It’s A Blast
- Stayed overnight at Hotel Andaluz
- Went on a bike tour with Routes Bicycle Tours & Rentals
- Completed a #TrueABQ digital jigsaw puzzle
Show the Love
- Paid for someone’s else’s order at Blake’s Lotaburger
- Volunteered at NM Dream Center
- Donated to Roadrunner Foodbank
“We were thrilled to so see so much participation in this challenge,” said Tania Armenta, President & CEO of Visit Albuquerque. “The resulting engagement accomplished our goal of inspiring locals to rediscover their love of Albuquerque while also supporting the city’s unique businesses and neighborhoods. We hope residents continue to explore Albuquerque and show love to the businesses that make our community so special.”
About Visit Albuquerque
Visit Albuquerque is an accredited destination marketing organization (DMO), and a private, not-for-profit organization [501(c)(6)]. The mission of Visit Albuquerque is to stimulate economic growth by marketing Albuquerque as a convention, sports and visitor destination. For more information, go to www.VisitABQ.org.