Center reopens to visitors Thursday through Sunday with COVID-Safe Practices in place
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – (Sept. 15, 2020) – With the easing of quarantine requirements for certain travelers entering New Mexico, Visit Albuquerque has reopened its Visitor Information Center in Historic Old Town.
Under Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s latest executive order, travelers from 13 states with low rates of COVID-19 spread are currently not required to quarantine. Travelers from states with higher rates of spread are not required to quarantine if they have a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours before or after entering the state.
“We are excited to welcome travelers and local residents back to our center, where they can find maps and Visitors Guides as well as information about what to see, where to eat and how to spend time in Albuquerque,” said Tania Armenta, President & CEO of Visit Albuquerque.
The center’s current hours of operation are:
- Thursday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The center follows the COVID-Safe Practices issued by the New Mexico Department of Health, as well as the following steps and precautions*:
- Plexiglass greeting station at the entrance (visitors are currently not able to come inside the building)
- Signage denoting face covering/mask requirements and social distancing guidelines
- Hand sanitizer
- Signage with QR code directing visitors to Visit Albuquerque’s COVID-19 Traveler Information webpage and the New Mexico Department of Health
- Optional sign-in sheet for contact tracing
- Directional signage indicating one way in/one way out
In addition, Visit Albuquerque has earned NM Safe Certification in the Offices & Call Centers category, assuring the public that management has been trained in COVID-Safe Practices issued by the State of New Mexico.
*Accompanying images (credit to VisitABQ.org)
About Visit Albuquerque
Visit Albuquerque is an accredited destination marketing organization (DMO), and a private, not-for-profit organization [501(c)(6)]. The mission of Visit Albuquerque is to stimulate economic growth by marketing Albuquerque as a convention, sports and visitor destination. For more information, go to www.VisitABQ.org.