Since 2010, a small team of local actors has been bringing short comedic Shakespeare scenes to the New Mexico Rail Runner Express each summer. The ever-popular Shakespeare on the Rail is back again, with performances on June 9, 16, and 23!
On June 9, 16 and 23, passengers on the #704 northbound and #705 southbound trains will be treated to half-hour performances from three of Shakespeare’s plays, Midsummer Night's Dream, Comedy of Errors, and Romeo and Juliet. The performances are always highly comedic, physical, and family-friendly. Shakespeare on the Rail brings quality Shakespeare scenes to the Rail Runner, building community excitement for local theater and spreading the experience of riding to new patrons.
- Saturday, June 9 (2 performances)
- Saturday, June 16 (2 performances)
- Saturday, June 23 (2 performances)
- #704 northbound between the Sandoval Co. / US 550 and the Santa Fe Co. / NM 599 Stations
(approximately 2-2:30 p.m.)
- #705 southbound between the Santa Fe Co. / NM 599 and the Sandoval Co. / US 550 Stations
(approximately 3:40-4:15 p.m.)
- Bottom level of the southernmost passenger car