An open-air series of family-friendly movies on Civic Plaza also starting on Friday, May 18 and continuing every week through the end of September. All the movies are free and open to all residents of the city. Movies on the Plaza will use the newly installed, state-of-the-art video wall on the plaza stage.
On Fridays, movies start at 8:00 PM, following the conclusion of the live music from ABQ Foods Fridays where moviegoers can have dinner prior to show time. Some seating is available but moviegoers can bring their own portable seats, blankets, and lawn chairs. Movies on the Plaza kicks-off the season on May 18 with Disney’s The Little Mermaid, the beloved animated classic.
Movies on the Plaza takes place on Fridays and on some Wednesdays.
The entire schedule for the season is listed below:
- May 18 (Fri) - The Little Mermaid (8:00 PM)
- May 25 (Fri) - The Sandlot (8:00 PM)
- May 30 (Wed) - Ferdinand (7:00 PM)
- June 6 (Wed) - Avengers (special presentation with Albuquerque Film & Music Experience – 7:00 PM)
- June 13 (Wed) - Fantastic Mr. Fox (7:00 PM)
- June 20 (Wed) - Willow (7:00 PM)
- June 27 (Wed) - Lilo & Stitch (7:00 PM)
- July 6 (Fri) - Grease (8:00 PM)
- July 11 (Wed) - Toy Story (7:00 PM)
- July 20 (Fri) - Goal (special presentation with ABQ Futsal Tournament – 8:00 PM)
- July 27 (Fri) - Coco (8:00 PM)
- August 3 (Fri) - The Wizard of Oz (8:00 PM)
- August 10 (Fri) - Lion King (8:00 PM)
- August 17 (Fri) - The Greatest Showman (8:00 PM)
- August 24 (Fri) - Book of Life (8:00 PM)
- August 31 (Fri) - Beetlejuice (8:00 PM)
- September 7 (Fri) - Howl’s Moving Castle (8:00 PM)
- September 14 (Fri) - Hidden Figures (8:00 PM)
- September 21 (Fri) - Labyrinth (8:00 PM)
- September 28 (Fri) - The Outsiders (8:00 PM)