Foothills Wild Guided Hike
- Dates: June 18, 2023, July 16, 2023, August 20, 2023, September 17, 2023, October 15, 2023
- Location: Elena Gallegos Picnic Area, Albert G. Simms Park
- 7100 Tramway Blvd. N.E., Albuquerque, NM 87122
- Time: 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM
- Price: Free
- Visit Website
Come join the Open Space Nature Guides and Trail Watch Volunteer Stewards on an adventure into one of the gems of Albuquerque’s Open Spaces. Discussions will include the history and pre-history of the area; the flora and fauna; the geology and archaeology; the importance of water to the ecosystem; and all of the wonderful things Albuquerque’s Open Spaces have to offer. This is a moderately strenuous, 2 to 3 hour hike so please bring water, wear comfortable closed-toed shoes, and dress for the weather. As much as we love our furry friends, guests should leave their pets at home. They can be a distraction, and may scare away the critters. There is a $2 park entrance fee unless you are an Open Space Volunteer, or have an Annual Pass.
• When: The third Sunday of every month, March through October, at 8am.
• Where: Meet at the Cottonwood Springs parking lot at Elena Gallegos Open Space. 7100 Tramway Boulevard NE Turn east from Tramway onto Simms Park Road Turn left just past the Park Attendant Booth
Parking is limited so carpool if you can