Blues is a language based upon a tradition. Understanding the language, it’s heritage and impact are paramount to keeping this uniquely American art form alive.
This ten act musical narrative opens with the African ascendancy of Blues. The players will explore rural and sanctifying influences, journey through juke joints, barrelhouses, and the Mississippi Delta, and onto the blues of Chicago, R&B, Swing, Soul and early Rock & Roll.
- Joe ‘Daddy’ Warner - guitars & vocals
- Ebony Isis Booth - original spoken word & vocals
- Pete Amaral - drums & percussion
- Elijah Richardson – vocals
- A. Billi Free – vocals
- Michael Olivola- bass
- Jody Vanesky- harmonica & vocals along with other special guests.
Conceived and directed by Joe Warner in collaboration with Ebony Isis Booth & Pete Amaral.