Ultimate Albuquerque Ambassador Announced
Winner will invite friends to visit the Duke City for free trip prize
Albuquerque, NM – As we prepare to welcome hundreds of thousands of people to Albuquerque for Balloon Fiesta, the Visit Albuquerque (Visit Albuquerque) is pleased to recognize a tremendous ambassador for our city. Over the past few months, the “My story is written in Albuquerque” campaign generated nearly 7,000 website visits and more than 100 heartfelt stories about our hometown. The pool was narrowed down to 10 finalists. Through social media and encouraging others to vote, the finalists generated a total of 1,495 votes. Generating 319 votes for her story, the winner is…Andrea Serrano!
Andrea’s story reads:
“I am un-apologetically Burque.
Burque or, Albuquerque, is my home. I was grown in fertile soil in Duranes, watered with water from the acequias and nourished underneath skies so blue, they seem unreal. Baked under a hot sun and finding shade in the welcoming branches of cottonwood trees. The Sandia Mountains stand guard of our city, protecting the crown jewel nestled on the banks of the Rio Grande.
I love the lights that explode when driving from the west, the slow cruise on West Central, the excitement of downtown and the traditions that I am reminded of with each step I take in Old Town. Albuquerque is a refuge, a hug from my mother, the laughter of my father. Albuquerque is Burque, a feeling and a way of life.
Burque is not where I live; it’s where I’m from and I love being from here. I am Burque.”
Serrano’s story has earned her the title of Ultimate Albuquerque Ambassador AND a free trip for two friends or family to visit her in Albuquerque in the next year. The prize trip includes:
- Two round-trip airline tickets
- Three night stay at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town or Nativo Lodge
- Hot air balloon ride for four with Rainbow Ryders, Inc. Hot Air Balloon Company
- Sandia Peak Tramway ride for four
- $100 dinner gift certificate for High Finance Restaurant or Sandiago’s Mexican Grill
- Admission for four to the ABQ BioPark
- Admission for four to the Art Museum at National Hispanic Cultural Center
- Three-hour tour for four with New Mexico Jeep Tours
- Admission for four to the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
- Admission for four to Explora
- Guided “Coronado” tour for four with Quiet Waters Paddling Adventures
- Admission for four to the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- $60 gift certificate to Sadie’s of New Mexico
- Dinner for four at Texas Roadhouse
- Restaurant meal vouchers from Albuquerque Cab Company and Sunport Shuttle
- Lunch at Church Street Cafe
- 24 jars of El Pinto salsa
- Dinner at Scalo Northern Italian Grill
- $75 gift certificate to Flying Star Café
- City tour for four by ABQ Trolley Co.
The total prize is valued at $3,717 courtesy of the Visit Albuquerque and local tourism partners from around the city.
“Congratulations to Andrea Serrano for winning our Ultimate Albuquerque Ambassador contest. Her story embraced the spirit of our city and she is a tremendous representative of why Albuquerque is an outstanding place to live – and visit,” said Dale Lockett, Visit Albuquerque President/CEO. “With Balloon Fiesta quickly approaching, all of our local residents have a tremendous opportunity to act as welcoming ambassadors for our city. Please help us roll out the red carpet to our visitors.”
Media Interviews with Winner
Winner Andrea Serrano will be available for media interviews upon request. Please contact Megan Mayo, 222-4349 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for an interview.