Heather Briganti Visit Albuquerque 505-222-4349 email@example.com
Albuquerque's Duke City Marathon, The Marathon to Mention
New Mexico’s longest running marathon is a qualifier for Boston
Albuquerque, NM-. (release date) -On October 19th Albuquerque will host the 31st Annual Duke City Marathon, sponsored by Big 5 Sporting Goods. The Duke City Marathon is a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. The top 25 men and top 25 women will be eligible to receive paid entries into either the 2015 or 2016 Boston Marathon.
Why the Duke City Marathon?
- The More the Merrier: Last year the Duke City Marathon brought in more than 5,000 participants, making it the largest race in the state.
- Awards: This year for the first time ever the event will award finisher medals to all racers who complete the half-marathon. Race qualifiers say that cash and prizes awarded this year will be more than $10,000, the most in the event's history!
- More Races: There will also be a 10K competitive walk race for the first time. Like the other races, award medals will be presented to the top three finishers in each age category (men and women).
- Run for a Cause: For the second consecutive year the Boys & Girls Club of Central NM will be the beneficiary.
- Race Benefits: The 5K run will serve as the 2014 RRCA (Road Runners Club of America) Western Regional Championship.
- Race Reimbursement: On receipt and verification of Boston Marathon registration, the Duke City Marathon will reimburse qualifiers $175 (U.S. residents) or $225 (international residents). Reimbursement is valid for either the 2015 or 2016 Boston Marathon.
- Outdoor Ease: Albuquerque's sunny and dry weather make it the place to race!
Registration for the event is currently taking place. Early registration fees are: marathon $79; marathon relay $195; half-marathon $59; 10K run $45; 10K walk $45; 5K run $30; 5K walk $30.
For information on how to register for the 31st Annual Duke City Marathon in Albuquerque, visit www.DukeCityMarathon.com. For more information and details call 505-880-1414.