Albuquerque, NM – Diverse cultures, authentic art and vibrant traditions have shaped the centuries-old story of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Come experience the history that continues to unfold with premier cultural events, distinctive attractions, museums, shopping and unforgettable cuisine.
The flavors of New Mexican cuisine are one of the most memorable parts of a visit to Albuquerque, and they keep people coming back time and again. Restaurant meals, wine tasting, beer making, farmers markets, cooking classes, tequila sampling and more come together to create a distinctive New Mexican cuisine. The flavors of the red and green chile permeate all types of dishes from traditional enchiladas and tamales to non-traditional pizza, chocolate and even beer!
- A city tour around Albuquerque along Route 66 with the ABQ Trolley Company.
- Traditional New Mexico dinner at El Pinto Restaurant & Cantina including premium tequila tasting and private tour of their salsa factory.
- A day in Historic Old Town where you can explore shops, galleries and restaurants including The Candy Lady, which features unique New Mexican candy selections and Golden Crown Panderia where you can sample biscochitos, New Mexico’s state cookie or taste fresh baked pizza with a green chile or blue corn crust.
- An afternoon sampling wines at Casa Rondeña in Albuquerque’s scenic North Valley.
- Time to explore the eclectic Nob Hill neighborhood with locally owned shops, galleries and boutiques including a meal at Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro, which showcases food sourced from the area.
- A visit to Chama River Brewing Company to indulge in a delicious dinner and award-winning hand crafted ales and lagers.
- Lunch at the 66 Diner to step back in time to the heyday of Route 66 to enjoy a famous green chile cheeseburger, milkshakes and blue plate specials.
The winner will also receive a $200 Visa card to be used for airfare, gas or shopping while in Albuquerque. The sweepstakes is valued at $1,236. Enter the sweepstakes online at www.ItsATrip.org/foodtrip.