Yelp Albuquerque (www.yelp.com/albuquerque) in partnership with Instagram local fan page Breaking Bad Locations (http://instagram.com/breakingbadlocations) announced a series of Watch Parties for the final eight episodes of the award-winning television show, August 11– September 29. The party kicks off at Uptown Bar & Grill with show-themed beverage and dining options, and the final episode will be seen at Hotel Albuquerque. Throughout the run, parties will be held at Albuquerque’s signature venues and some locations where the show was filmed.
All parties are free to the public and do not require reservations to attend. Many of the venue will include booths from local businesses that specialize in Breaking Bad products, merchandise and inspired artistic work. Many parties will feature discussions and guest appearances by local actors and talent that contributed to the series. Baillos is sponsoring and will provide visual and technical support.
Marble Brewery has already received national attention (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25/breaking-bad-beer-heisenberg-dark_n_3498773.html) for its contribution to the watch parties, a limited release of two craft beers, the Heisenberg Dark and Walt’s White Lie. Other breweries are joining in, including Il Vicino Canteen and Kelly’s Brew Pub. Artisan food trucks are dishing up show-themed dining options all season long.
The schedule for Watching Bad is listed below. All events begin at 6:30 and plan to conclude by 8:30. Attendees are encouraged to stick around after the show for Talking Bad.
1. (Premier) Uptown Sports Bar, 6601 Uptown Blvd NE, Sunday August 11th
2. Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro, 3009 Central Ave NE, Sunday August 18th
3. Louie's Pub & Grill, 5603 Menaul Blvd NE, Sunday August 25th
4. Hooligan's Tavern, 9800 Montgomery Blvd NE, Sunday September 1st
5. Marble Brewery, 111 Marble NW, Sunday September 8th
6. Kelly's Brew Pub, 3222 Central Ave SE, Sunday September 15th
7. Il Vicino Canteen, 2381 Aztec Rd, Sunday September 22nd
8. (Finale) Hotel Albuquerque, 800 Rio Grande Blvd, Sunday September 29th