"Fall is such a magical time of year in Albuquerque, and the #PictureABQ photo contest is a great way to showcase that beauty through the eyes of our residents and visitors," said Tania Armenta, Chief Operating & Marketing Officer for Visit Albuquerque. "We received so many spectacular photos that it was very difficult for us to decide on a winner."
The Visit Albuquerque judging committee announced the top 10 photos yesterday based on the official rules of the contest. The winning photo was submitted by Maddy Minnis (@mongobbq) and presents a beautiful representation of Albuquerque tradition, culture and fall atmosphere with a shot of Native American dancers (Hopi) at Balloon Fiesta. The contest runner-up, Jon Barnes (@barnes_of_the_jon_kind), showed an Albuquerque sunrise in a historic location with our iconic balloons decorating the background.
Other noteworthy photos that made the top 10:
• Inside of a hot air balloon by @bg1313bg
• The entrance at Historic Old Town by @apineapplejaunt
• Autumn colors in the Sandia Mountains by @swanwick_w
• Laser Light Show at Balloon Fiesta by @pollydo
• Colorful knit hat amongst the balloons by @godzidina
• View of the fall sunset from the top of the Sandias by @spen082
• Balloon gazing by