"Summer is our busiest season, and thanks to our Education Volunteers and the NM BioPark Society, we're able to offer lots of extras for visitors," said Rick Janser, ABQ BioPark Director. "It's fun to see families interacting with each other during these special experiences. We think that Giraffe Feeding will be especially popular since Abiquiu, the new calf, is out with the herd-although, she's not quite tall enough to reach the feeding station yet."
Throughout the BioPark
- Extended weekend hours start Monday, May 27. The Zoo, Aquarium and Botanic Garden stay open until 6 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays (Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day).
- Visit hands-on Nature Guide Discovery Stations where teen and adult volunteers feature items like feathers, skulls, shark teeth and tadpoles (Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., June 3 - 28 and July 8 - 26, included with admission).
- See just how long a giraffe's tongue is during Giraffe Feeding (Wednesday - Sunday, 12 - 1:30 p.m., May 25 - Sept. 2, $2).
- During Lorikeet Feedings, you can feed these colorful birds nectar (Wednesdays - Sunday, 10 - 11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m., May 25 - Sept. 2, $2).
- Meet free-flying birds, talented reptiles and celebrity mammals at the Animal Encounters Show (Wednesday - Sunday, 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., May 25 - Sept. 2, included with admission).
- Young visitors can enjoy Story Time at the Zoo in Africa (Thursdays, 10:30 a.m., included with admission).
- The PNM Butterfly Pavilion is now open (Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., May 24 - Oct. 13, included with admission).
- Children can enjoy Story Time at the Garden weekly (Fridays, 10:30 a.m., included with admission).
- Enjoy the new Pacific Coral Reef daily with regular admission.
- Catch divers in the water throughout the day.
- Take a trip on a pedal boat! (Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., May 25 - Aug. 11, and Saturday - Sunday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., May 25 - Sept. 2, $10-14.)