People in Santa Fe can just visit the Railyard between 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Or those from the south can board the New Mexico Rail Runner Express with Santa Claus on Train #702 in Downtown Albuquerque at 9:06 a.m. The public is asked to bring their own cameras for photos as Santa makes his way through the train. Also onboard, will be designated areas where train crews and volunteers will be reading holiday stories to interested children.
“This is a fun opportunity for people to experience what the holiday offers aboard the New Mexico Rail Runner Express”, says Dewey Cave, Executive Director for the Mid-Region Council of Governments. “Having Santa’s Village at the end of the journey this year adds something to an event that has grown into a popular holiday tradition.”
Food Drive to Benefit the Santa Fe Food Depot
As part of the holiday event, passengers are asked to bring a canned food item to donate to the Santa Fe Food Depot. Donation barrels will be placed in Santa’s Village at the Santa Fe Railyard. Those who choose to donate a non-perishable food item will be placed into one of several drawings for free train tickets to ride the Rail Runner in the future.
Santa’s Village at the SF Railyard!
Saturday, December 14th
10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Take Train #702 from Downtown ABQ at 9:06 a.m.
Return on Train #705 departing Santa Fe at 3:28 p.m.
• Santa’s Den – Bring your cameras to take pictures with Santa
• Santa Express – Miniature train rides
• Elves’ Workshop – Create holiday ornaments
• Rudolph’s Playhouse – Play fun reindeer games and win prizes!
• Elves’ Choir – Enjoy holiday music
• Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen – Enjoy hot cocoa or coffee
• Elves’ Academy – Listen to holiday stories
• Holiday Artisans Market – Enjoy local art and music at the Santa Fe Railyard
For more information, visit www.nmrailrunner.com