Experience the excitement of Albuquerque, the ballooning capital of the world, October 5-7, 2009 with a getaway for two to the world’s largest hot air ballooning event – the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta®. The getaway is valued at more than $1,500.
- Two nights at Nativo Lodge, a Heritage Hotels & Resorts propertyVisit www.itsatrip.org/balloonfiesta to enter the sweepstakes.
- Two days admission to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta® including VIP access to the Gondola Club Hospitality Suite
- A balloon ride for two with Rainbow Ryders Hot Air Balloon Company
- A $200 Visa card to be used for airfare, gas or shopping
- Admission to the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
For nine days every October, the New Mexico skies are filled with color as 600+ balloons float over Albuquerque’s high desert landscape. There is excitement and adventure to be found both in the air and on the ground. Hundreds of balloons launch at Balloon Fiesta Park each morning. Visitors walk amongst he balloons as they inflate and are welcome to ask questions and meet the pilots – you may even be asked to help out a crew member with the inflation process!
Besides enjoying the spectacle of Mass Ascensions, Balloon Glows, Special Shapes, and exciting hot air and gas balloon competitions, hundreds of booths offer a taste of local cuisine, arts and crafts from across the country.
Albuquerque offers many other affordable adventures from above including the world’s longest aerial tramway, year-round ballooning, soaring in a glider, skiing and amazing views from the 10,000-foot Sandia Peak.
For more information on Balloon Fiesta, visit www.balloonfiesta.com and for information on Albuquerque, visit www.itsatrip.org.