What does tourism mean to Albuquerque?
• Over 6.1 million visitors per year - averaging more than 16,000 per day
• $2 billion in direct visitor spending
• Employs more than 30,000 people
• Conventions and meetings booked by Visit Albuquerque generate more than $65 million annually and expose important business leaders and companies to Albuquerque
• Generates more than $62 million in local taxes
• Visit Albuquerque's website has over 1.4 million visits each year
• Average length of stay: 2.9 nights
• Why they visit: 85% Leisure; 4% meetings/conventions; 11% business
• Top states visitors are from (outside of NM): TX, CO, AZ and CA
"Tourism is an industry about creating memories and it's fun to be a part of it," said Dale Lockett, president and CEO of the Visit Albuquerque. "But, National Travel and Tourism Week reminds us that it's also serious business and an integral part of our city's economy."