Hotwire® touts Albuquerque as “the epicenter of Southwestern culture … widely recognized as one of the most diverse cities in the country” saying that “visitors must take advantage of the excellent weather, outdoor adventures, skiing and the world’s most photographed event, the [Albuquerque] International Balloon Fiesta in October.”
In addition to the Hotwire ranking, TripAdvisor® has recognized Albuquerque as one of the top 15 destinations to discover in 2012. The article says, “Whether you're into history, culture, outdoor adventures or just in need of some new and unique scenery, Albuquerque offers exciting attractions for all ages and interests, anytime of the year…”
Win a Trip to Albuquerque
To showcase the array of activities that make Albuquerque the place to be in 2012, the Visit Albuquerque is giving away a trip. The three-night vacation revolves around the New Mexico Centennial celebration and is valued at $2,128. Enter at www.ItsATrip.org/abqsummer through June 30, 2012.
Even if you don’t win, with an abundance of free activities and events, museum admissions starting at $4, hotels averaging $83 a night, and travel packages and deals, Albuquerque’s value is unbeatable for a summer vacation.
Recent Albuquerque accolades
Albuquerque consistently ranks as an affordable vacation destination with plenty to do at a great value.
• Praised by the New York Times saying that “New Mexico’s biggest city has come into its own in recent years”
• “One of the 10 Best US Cities for Local Food” by Huffington Post
• “No. 17 of America’s Top 50 Bike-Friendly Cities” by Bicycling Magazine
• “6th Best Large City for Arts” by AmericanStyle magazine
• “One of the Top 10 Golf Cities in the United States” by Livability.com