As the largest city in the only state with an official question (“Red or green?”), Albuquerque defines New Mexican cuisine. While red and green chile represent the heart of New Mexican dishes, being in the red is the last place you want your meeting’s budget to end up. That’s why Albuquerque’s Red & Green Incentive ensures you stay out of the red and receive plenty of green.
Simply book a group by December 31, 2013 and receive up to $25 per room night to be credited back to they group’s bottom line. Planners are encouraged to book now and positively impact their bottom line. Details are available at www.ItsATrip.org/RedandGreen.
With more than $300 million in recent hospitality investments and planned developments, now is an excellent time to consider Albuquerque for a meeting. Details on the recent updates are available here: www.ItsATrip.org/MeetNewABQ.
$20 Million renovation coming for Albuquerque Convention Center
On top of $300 million in renovations across the city, the SMG-managed Albuquerque Convention Center is about to get a $20 million facelift. The West Complex of the Albuquerque Convention Center will soon have a new look that better represents the unique architectural elements of New Mexico and the Southwest.
The preliminary designs include:
• a new exterior façadeThe project will be phased to allow for ongoing convention and meeting business. Construction is slated to start by mid-2013 and is expected to be completed by the end of 2014. Get complete details: www.ItsATrip.org/MeetNewABQ.
• complete remodeling of the ballroom
• a new entertainment deck in the ballroom
• massive windows with panoramic views
• the west building lower level atrium will be completely remodeled to include a fireplace
• lower level food court/café