1. It is forecast to be in the 60s and 70s in Albuquerque this week/weekend so visitors will enjoy the warm sunshine, especially if you’re from the northern states like Montana and South Dakota! We get 310 days of sunshine each year.
2. Even though it’s beautifully warm, the Sandia Peak Ski Area is still open and is only a quick 15-minute tram ride up the mountain from the city. Visitors can enjoy the convenience and accessibility of the ski area so close to the city on Friday between games.
3. Albuquerque is home to New Mexican cuisine, which fans will fall in love with. Tip for tasting the hot chiles: order red and green on the side to sample them both and pick your favorite.
4. New Mexico has a strong basketball tradition. The Pit Arena has hosted the NCAA tournament 10 times.
5. Albuquerque is home to the Sandia Peak Tramway – North America’s longest aerial tram. You can check out an 11,000-square mile view from the top of Sandia Peak at 10,368.
6. In between games, check out area golf courses. There are 14 top-notch courses to choose from with great rates starting at $35.
7. Families will enjoy Albuquerque, especially during Spring Break, with attractions like the ABQ BioPark, Hinkle Family Fun Center and area museums.
8. Albuquerque has several unique neighborhoods. Explore Old Town for an authentic New Mexican experience, visit Nob Hill for a taste of Route 66 along with restaurants/bars to watch the other games around the country, or Uptown for upscale shopping and dining.
9. You can ride a bike mid-March! Check out Routes Rentals & Tours for bike rental options to cruise around the Old Town area or along the Rio Grande on the Bosque Trail.
10. Albuquerque is a great travel value. The city was recently recognized as a Top Destination on the Rise by TripAdvisor and a Top 10 Value Destination by Hotwire.com.
Get details on these and other activities as well visitor information, Albuquerque events, hotels and restaurants at www.ItsATrip.org.