This week in Albuquerque is filled with world-class flamenco, Shakespeare, and the Pride Parade!
Watch our weekly segment on KRQE / Fox New Mexico (Channel 13-2) on Wednesday mornings at 7:35 to stay up to date with events in Albuquerque. Then check out our ABQ365 calendar to find all the event details and use the hashtags #ABQevents and #ThingsToDoABQ to join the conversation on social media!
- 31st Annual Festival Flamenco Internacional de Alburquerque
Since 1987, the National Institute of Flamenco and the University of New Mexico have partnered together to bring the best flamenco artists in the world to the Duke City. As the largest and longest-standing Flamenco event outside of Spain, this week serves to preserve and promote the artistry, history and culture of flamenco. In addition to performances, there will also be over 30 workshops and lectures to attend.
- Heights Summerfest
- Neighborhood Summerfests have become a favorite here in Albuquerque, and the first one kicks off this weekend in the Heights. There will be food trucks galore, local beer, wine and spirits in the Microbrew garden, and free kids’ activities. Of course, don’t miss out on live music performances from local favorites: Concepto Tambor and The NOMS, as well as Nathan Fox and headlining the night: The Squirrel Nut Zippers.
- Albuquerque Pridefest
- A three-day celebration, Albuquerque Pridefest brings together the diverse members of the LGTBIQ community and allies for a weekend of camaraderie and reflection of the past, present and future. On Saturday, the Pride Parade will take place on its route: Starting at the corner of Carlisle and Central in Nob Hill and ending at the intersection of Central and San Pedro – right by the fairgrounds where the celebration will continue! There will be family-friendly activities, an indoor dance club featuring local DJs, a car show, and live music performances from nationally-known talent!
- 2018 Summer Nights Concert Series
- Albuquerque is lucky to have warm summer nights, and the Botanic Garden’s Summer Nights Concert Series is one of the best ways to enjoy them! These weekly concerts highlight local and regional talent in the beautiful setting of the garden grounds, and performances will take place rain or shine. This Thursday, you can catch the all-girl folk-rock band; Jeez LaWeez.
- 2018 Zoo Music Concert Series
- : Another great opportunity to enjoy those Duke City summer nights is at the Zoo Music Concerts. Every Friday, come out to the ABQ BioPark zoo, bring your lawn chair and enjoy live music at the amazing stage the Zoo offers. This Friday, catch Enter the Haggis, a Celtic Folk Rock band.
- Shakespeare on the Plaza
- Shakespeare on the Plaza is back this year and taking over the newly renovated Civic Plaza for the month of June. Every Weekend, there will be performances alternating between two of William Shakespeare’s famous comedies: As You Like It and Merry Wives of Windsor – with a twist – both plays will be set in the 1960’s. Be sure to catch both performances, as there will be cross-over fun between the two.
- World Oceans Week
- First celebrated in 1992 at the Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit, World Ocean Day is an opportunity for people of all ages to celebrate the world’s oceans and humanity’s connection to the sea. This year, the ABQ BioPark Aquarium is celebrating with almost a full week of special hands-on discovery stations, ocean-themed videos and educational sessions on responsible and sustainable seafood purchasing decisions.
USE THE HASHTAGS #THINGSTODOABQ AND #ABQEVENTS TO JOIN THE CONVERSATION ABOUT ALBUQUERQUE EVENTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ABQ365 EMAIL NEWSLETTER BY CLICKING BELOW!