River of Lights tickets are on sale now - spend your holidays at the ABQ BioPark Botanic Garden
It's nearing one of the most wonderful times of the year at the ABQ BioPark Botanic Garden. Tickets are now on sale for New Mexico's largest walk-through holiday display, River of Lights, which will open on Saturday, November 29, 2014.
The event features millions of twinkling lights, live music, food, drinks and plenty of holiday spirit. This year's main attraction? A giant sunken ship in the Festival Green's ocean scene. The event has become a holiday tradition for many in the Albuquerque area, and attracts thousands of visitors from all over throughout its duration.
Whether you're looking for a fun date night or an outing for the whole family, River of Lights promises not to disappoint. Kiddos can even board the Polar Bear Express on select nights in December for a train ride with Santa and his elves. (Advance tickets are required).
A look at the 2014 River of Lights highlights:
- General Admission: November 29, 2014 - January 3, 2015 ($12 for adults and $6 for kids. Kids under 3 are free)
- Wednesdays-Sundays: Watch for the special Holiday G-Scale Model Train at the Garden Railroad
- December 3, 10 and 17: Holiday Nature Crafts
- December 5-7; 12-14; and 19-22: Take a ride aboard the Polar Bear Express (Advanced tickets required)
- December 15-23: Supper with Santa
- December 26-30: Rockin' Nights at River of Lights (late-night celebration for adults)
River of Lights is put on by the New Mexico BioPark Society, and serves as an annual fundraiser for the organization.