Randall Gann Public Information Officer National Hispanic Cultural Center firstname.lastname@example.org
Siembra: New Mexico's First Latino Theatre Festival
The NHCC Presents an Entire Season of Outstanding Drama and Comedy
This outstanding festival line-up includes:
• When the Stars Trembled in Río Puerco, an oral history play based on the work of celebrated folk historian Nasario García and presented in partnership with Teatro Paraguas.
• Raul Garza's ironically humorous Fantasmaville, winner of the 2007 National Latino Playwriting Award, presented in partnership with Fuego Productions.
• The Boxcar, by award-winning playwright Silvia González S., a moving drama focusing on immigration issues and presented in partnership with Teatro Nuevo México.
• Quiara Alegría Hudes' "irresistible family drama" 26 Miles, presented in partnership with Camino Real Productions.
• ¡Gaytino!, a touching, hilarious autobiographical play with music, written and performed by Dan Guerrero, son of Chicano music legend Lalo Guerrero, and presented in partnership with Tricklock Company.
• The satirical, poignant sketch comedy Chicanos with Guns!, a taste of changing life in the barrio written and performed by La Mesa Produce, and presented in partnership with the company.
• Semillas del Corazón, original works by Las Meganenas and friends, presented in partnership with the company.
• Bless Me, Ultima, Rudolfo Anaya's classic coming-of-age story presented in partnership with The Vortex Theatre.
• Hembras de Pluma, original monologues and short plays by a collective of women artists, presented in partnership with the company.
• The Sad Room, an intense family drama by Patricia Crespín, presented in partnership with Wize Latina Productions.
The National Hispanic Cultural Center is dedicated to the preservation, promotion, and advancement of Hispanic culture, arts, and humanities, and is a division of the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs. If you would like more information about these performances or other events at the NHCC, please call Randall Gann at 505-252-6869 or e-mail email@example.com.